Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Tomb of Taint: The Doctor's perspective

Sorry I'm late! Enjoy!

After the unimportant small-talk that I had no part in, we all went up to our separate rooms. I was the only one left to his separate room; they said it was on account of the smell that followed my beloved Spot. My Spot is a piece of art that they can’t possibly begin to fathom. As I trifled through my bags, I noticed I was low on spare parts. Can’t have that, I thought, as I pulled up my hood and proceeded out the door. As I drifted down the hall, I heard a distinct feminine voice from behind me call out, “Where are you headed to my Doctor friend?” My eyes affixed to the door ahead of me, I replied, “I’m off to the shops, I have a special need and I’m afraid it may cost an arm and a leg.” Who says I don’t have a sense of humor. “Well, don’t be out too late I guess.” She said, lingering for a moment before closing her room door. I continued on out the door which led to the tavern itself. A few men sat in their drunken stupors, giving me dagger-like stares from across the room. I know their kind, and I want nothing to do with them unless it’s alone in some dark alleyway. And with them, I won’t spare them the pleasure of using anesthetic. As I exited the filthy drinking shack, across the street I observed a man walk into an alley. Perfect, hopefully this man doesn’t put up too much of a struggle; I would hate to get blood all over my dress robes. I pursued the man into the alley and he was leaning against a building lighting a pipe. It took him a moment to notice me approaching in the darkness. He was surprised and stumbled back while dropping his pipe. “W-what do you want man!?” he exclaimed, staggering back into the corner of the alley. “Well, I was a bit lost and I was wondering if you could spare a moment.” He stood up straight and let out a breath of relief. “Sure, where do you need to find?” he asked me, now somewhat calm, yet still wary of me. “I need limbs.” “L-limbs!?” He was no longer as calm as he was only a moment ago. “Yes. I find my self in need of some spare human parts.” At this point the man ran past me and tried to dart out of the alley. But as he approached the opening, he was engulfed in darkness and I grabbed him from behind as I stabbed him deep in the side, making sure not to damage any of the precious goods inside the wrapping. As soon as he dropped to the ground, I went to work harvesting whatever I could from the corpse. When I was finished, I took the remains and decided to have some fun. I proceeded to the center district of the town and hung up the remaining bits of the man around on lampposts and such. And then I stood back and admired my work. Again, who says I don’t have a sense of humor. After a few minutes of reveling in my prank, I proceeded back to the tavern and managed to fit in a couple of hours sleep before we had to depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment