Sunday, June 6, 2010

Album of the Week!

As I sit alone in my dark room with my fan blowing against my funnel chest, eating a Klondike bar and Skittles, the pitter pattering of my typing is drowned out by music. And I think,"Well, I need something CRRRAZY to get people to follow me. So I should start some sort of regular thing. I like music, so I'll share that!" So I'll try and update the Album of the Week every Sunday. I'll post information of the band and a link to download it. The files in the download will be .zips or .rars so you'll need a program like Winrar or Winzip to open it. Alright, let's get down to it, this week's album is.....

Andrew Jackson Jihad- People who can eat people are the luckiest people in the world

Andrew Jackson Jihad is an American folk/punk/rock group from Phoenix, Arizona, formed in 2004. They have been classified as everything from indie rock to anti-folk to Americana.

Andrew Jackson Jihad was formed after its original drummer, Justin James White, approached Sean Bonnette and Ben Gallaty, who had just left Rodan (not the Rodan of Kentucky fame) and The Sub-Standards. Since then, many significant Arizona musicians have sat in with the remaining duo of Sean and Ben, including John De La Cruz of Fatigo and Asleep In The Sea’s Owen Evans. Dylan Cook also plays mandolin regularly with the band.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xajdtmql52h

Don't be daunted by the album name, this is an amazing band. I've been listening to them almost too much. I'm particularly fond of the song "Bad Bad Things", for its ability to have such morbid lyrics and still sound so cheerful.

Well that's it for this Sunday, enjoy the album and keep on following!

1 comment:

  1. pretty good, you should get the album alopecia by Why?

    ReplyDelete