Friday, August 27, 2010

Funucation with Professor Cameron!

Olivia has inspired me to learn more about everything, so I thought why not make it into something that I do on my blog too! So I thought of what to put up first and I thought I would start with something that I know very well, fish! Well specifically I'm going to start with my favorite fish. This fish is called the Ocean Sunfish, or sometimes known as the Mola Mola. The sunfish is the heaviest bony fish in the world! It has an average adult weight of 2,200 pounds! Sunfish look like a big fish head with a little tail and their babies look like pufferfish. They're even eaten in some parts of the world. I'm sure that you could have guessed that the Japanese are the main consumers. Those damn Japs eat anything. Sunfish spend most of their life basking on the surface of the water. They're usually solitary but they get in groups when cleaning themselves in kelp beds. I think it's funny that no one has determined their natural life span. All we know is that they live about ten years in captivity. All of the scientists probably have other very important matters to attend to, like finding out that snails can crawl over a razor blade without getting cut. Anyway, I'll be doing this about once a week for you guys so tune in next time children!

2 comments:

  1. Update it once a week like that story about my dungeon from Doctor's perspective?

    ReplyDelete